Rubber Flooring-Installation Check List.
Thank you for choosing Rubber Flooring Direct and our line of top quality rubber sports flooring and gym floors.
To help you get ready to install your Rubber Flooring, we have put together the following gym floor check list as an aide to being fully prepared to take on the job rubber flooring installation.
If you are properly prepared you will find the job to go much easier and faster so you can get on to what you really want to do and that is to enjoy your rubber sports floor.
Ok, let’s get started.
So your rubber sports flooring has been ordered and you are getting ready to install it.
Just where do you begin? Once again, we will remind you that if you have questions or are stuck in any way, pick up the phone and call 1- 800-279-1693 and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.
We are always happy to give assistance to any of our customers. Give us a call and you will be treated with old fashioned, friendly customer service that will make you feel good about buying from Rubber Flooring Direct.
Once you receive your rubber flooring rolls or tiles, inspect them carefully for any shipping damage.
Most of the time everything will arrive in perfect condition. In case your rubber flooring has noticeable damage, immediately call us here at Rubber Flooring Direct at 1-800-279-1693. We will help determine if they can be used or need to be returned.
If they can’t be used, we will gladly exchange the rolls with no questions asked.
Rubber Flooring Storage.
Rolls should always be stored lying down on their side. They should not be stored standing up since this can damage the edge and cause the seams to experience what is called memory curl.
Rolls also should not be stored higher than 4 rolls or more for more than six months.
If you are going to store the rolls for an extended period of time it is good to periodically rotate the rolls to prevent compression or flat spots.
The flat spots will come out once the roll is rolled out and the rubber relaxes but it does make installation a bit harder.
Installation check list:
- The rubber flooring has arrived in good damage-free condition. If not, immediately call 1-800-279-1693 to report.
- Color and style is correct.
- Amount is correct.
- Your order arrived with the proper adhesive or tape.
- You have read the site preparation and sub floor requirements.
- You have read the installation instructions.
- The job site is cleaned and properly prepared.
- The sub floor is level and patched as needed.
- Your rubber flooring has been acclimated to the rooms temperature for minimum 24 hours
- The proper tools for install are available.
- The proper square notched 1/16” trowel is available.
- The center of the room has been located or you have found a straight wall to lay your first roll or tile.
- The rolls have been laid out without adhesive and the ends trimmed.
- If tiles, the tiles have been mixed form several boxes.
- You understand how to properly spread the adhesive.
- You understand how to properly fold back the rolls.
- You understand how to make a tight seam.
- A 100# flooring roller is available to you. If not, you will need to rent one from a Home Depot or rental yard.
- Mineral spirits are available for adhesive clean up.
- Rubber Flooring Direct’s 800 number is near by just in case you have any questions or need help.
Congratulations: you are now fully prepared to install your rubber sports floor and once again, please feel free to call us if you have any questions. We love to help our customers.